Monday, November 14, 2011

Scraping & Video


This is a completed reed that I made a few months ago.  It actually plays!   This reed took a lot of hard work and dedication, and now I use it as an example reed to look at when I need to see how many steps I need to complete on a work-in-progress reed.

As Olivia and I mentioned earlier, be sure to slightly push your thumb into your knife,  to ensure that you're actually scraping cane off of the reed.  Don't apply too much pressure though!


A video of me scraping . . . as you can see, scraping becomes quite tedious after a while, but it's important that you stay focused the entire time.  You'll be done before you know it, and then you'll feel proud about your new reed.
Enjoy! 
(Please ignore the background noise-this video was filmed at school.)

-Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment